NHS & Private
Band 5 (Critical & Theatres) Critical Care Nurse
Mimosa Staffing are looking to recruit Band 5 Critical & Theatre (ICU) nurses to work in all UK regions.
Applicants will need to have previous 12 months NHS Hospital environment and/or equivalent experience of caring for patients who are critically ill and at high risk for life-threatening health problems such as heart attack, stroke, shock, severe trauma, respiratory distress or other severe medical issue. As a Critical care nurses you will be adept at providing such care in settings where patients can be given complex assessments and treatment.
As a Critical care nurse your duties and responsibilities may include:
- Care for pre- and post-operative patients.
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Treating wounds and providing advanced life support
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording patient vital signs
- Ensuring that ventilators, monitors and other types of medical equipment function properly
- Administering intravenous fluids and medications
- Ordering diagnostic tests
- Collaborating with fellow members of the critical care team
- Responding to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Acting as patient advocate
- Providing education and support to patient families
The successful applicant will be a passionate, person-centred nurse, must be registered with The Nursing & Midwifery Council. You will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com